It’s getting colder and colder as the days pass, at least here on the East Coast. I’ve been starting my mornings with either a Spiced Chai Latte or Spiced Chai Oatmeal. Most of the spices I use in this mix are so warming, so they are a great way to start a cold winter day. This recipe will make a little over 1/4 of a cup so you can use it over and over again. Simply add a few teaspoons to your oatmeal before it is finished cooking and add a little honey or pure maple syrup, or add it to your favorite nut milk with a little bit of a sweetener and bring it to a boil to make a spiced chai latte.
The cinnamon, cloves and ginger are the warming spices in this mix. The others are added for flavor but of course have healing benefits as well.
- balances blood pressure
- stops hiccups!
- soothes sore throat and cough
- when combined with cardamom, stimulates appetite and reduces nausea
- increases energy levels and libido
- has analgesic effect that works as a pain reliever
- when combined with ginger, stimulates appetite and reduces nausea
- expels mucus
- natural, vegan, gluten-free, unbleached sweetners
- high in minerals and nutrients
- almost neutral pH
- low on the glycemic index
To make it…
Simply combined the following in a mixing bowl and store in glass container (I like to reuse my old spice jars from Trader Joe’s).
4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp maca
1/2 tsp cardamom
4 tsp cinnamon sugar