If you have not heard of Beauty Counter yet you should definitely swing by the company’s website and check them out. Beauty Counter is not only a brand for personal care products, it is a movement. Beauty Counter’s founder, Gregg Renfrew, has been dedicating her time for the past five years to educating the public about the hazards of personal care products, and creating new products that are free of unsafe and harmful ingredients. To read more about Beauty Counter and its mission read this post.
I decided to become a Beauty Counter Consultant a few months back because I believed in the mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone. Since then I have began switching the products I use to Beauty Counter’s, safer products and even cutting some harmful products out all together. Not only have I been happy with these products because I know they are not harming me but I have been blown away by how well they have worked for me. So here are my Top 8 recommended Beauty Counter products!
- Nourishing Cream Cleanser The first thing I do in the morning is reach for my Nourishing Cream Cleanser. This is a staple in my morning (and night) routine. It leaves my skin feeling clean, refreshed and ready to start the day. The best part is that I only need to use the smallest amount, a pea size, so it lasts forever!
- Nourishing Cream Exfoliator This is my second favorite product next the Cream Cleanser but only because I don’t use it EVERY time I wash my face (otherwise first place would be a tie). I generally use the exfoliator four or five times a week at night, after cleaning my face with the Cream Cleanser. It gives my skin an extra boost. And again, I only need a pea sized amount to get the job done. (This is actually true for most of Beauty Counter’s products!)
- Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion I use the the Adaptive Moisturizer Lotion after I wash my face in the morning before applying my makeup. If my skin is feeling dry and dull I occasionally use it at night too (or Beauty Counter’s Recovery Sleeping Cream). This moisturizer has my vote over any other moisturizer I have tried because I can really feel it hydrating my skin, rather than just coating it. By this I mean, it does not add an extra layer of product to my skin. Instead, it absorbs into my skin providing it with all the hydration it needs.
- Volumizing Mascara I have always had difficulty finding a mascara that I like. I have really short, blonde eyelashes, so to make them look long and voluminous I always had to use two (sometimes three) different types of mascara at once. But this one does the job all in one. Beauty Counter also has a lengthening mascara but I found that the volumizing one lengthens them too! It is buildable too, without making your eyelashes look clumpy.
- Tint Skin It can be hard to find a concealer that allows your skin to breathe while simultaneously covering any “problem” areas. This concealer also has SPF. For me these two things make it a win. I don’t feel like I have makeup caked on my face. I can wear it on those days where I want to feel and look natural but am also feeling like I need a little coverage. And as does with Beauty Counter’s other products, a little goes a long way.
- Countersun Mineral Sunscreen Mist For years I tried to avoid the sun as much as possible because I did not want to get burned but I also did not like the idea of “baking” all the harmful ingredients used in sunscreens into my skin. But I do not have to worry about this with any of Beauty Counter’s products because as I mentioned, Beauty Counter does not use any harmful or unsafe ingredients. This sunscreen is also top on my list because it does not contain oxybenzone and other ingredients that are harming coral reefs and other marine life and it uses a non-aerosol technology. To learn more about sunscreen read this post.
- One-Step Makeup Remover Wipes There are always those nights when you get home from a long day and do not want to go through your whole night routine of washing your face and instead just want to plop on your bed. This when I use face wipes. But the problem I always found was that they left me feeling like I still needed to wash my face after using them. This is not the case with these wipes at all. They leave my skin feeling as clean as if I washed my face before bed like I usually do. A plus: They are biodegradable!
- No. 3 Balancing Facial Mask This mask is a lifesaver. Not only does my skin feel and look like a babies butt after using, but it also minimizes the size of my pores. The charcoal and salicylic acid in this mask helps to exfoliate, pull out toxins, and reduce the size of pores. I use this once or twice a week to make my skin look and feel its best!
Shop Beauty Counter’s products here.