Fall foods are some of the yummiest foods! They are often created around some of nature’s best fruits and vegetables. But unfortunately, many fall recipes are loaded with added sugars and bad fats leading us to feeling bloated and sluggish. Here is one yummy fall dessert recipe that will leave you feeling satisfied without the food baby.
Apple Cinnamon Cheesecakes
For the crust:
1 cup dates, pitted
1 cup raw walnuts
1 1/2 cups raw cashews
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
2 tbsp vegan cream cheese (I used toffuti)
3 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 tsp of cinnamon (taste and adjust if necessary)
about a fourth of a small apple, cut into small pieces
1. Blend walnuts in a food processor until they become a meal, start to get a little sticky (about 3 minutes). Set aside.
2. Blend dates in the food processor until they condense and form a ball (about 2 minutes). Add in the processed walnuts and blend together until they form a sticky dough.
3. Use coconut oil to lightly grease a muffin tin and then line it with 12 muffin liners. Start filling the bottom of the muffin liners with 2 tablespoons of the crust mixture. Use a spoon (or even your fingers, this worked best for me) to flatten the crust into the bottom of the liner.
4. Combine all the filling ingredients except the apple bits into a blender or food processor. Blend until they become silky smooth (check to see if you want to add more cinnamon before continuing to the next step).
5. Add the apple bits and pulse for a few seconds. (If you don’t want apple chunks, you can blend more).
6. Top the crust with about 2 tablespoons of the filling. Garnish with some apple bits and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
7. Place in the freezer for 4 hours. (You can store them for about 2 weeks).